READ IN YOUR LANGUAGE

Join My Blog or Follow Me on Pinterest For Update Of Next New Technique Tutorial

Friday, September 7, 2012

Graphic Quilling -Quilled Monogram

I posted quilled monograms or quilled letters in an earlier post where I only outlined the letters or monograms. This time,  not only did I want to quill inside the fonts, but I also wanted to make the the letter outline to cut through  so that a curve which began inside the font, continued outside to depict overlap.

In my previous vector art post, I tried this and was not as successful as I would have liked, but this time I think I figured out how to do it right and hence the transition outside looks much smoother.
However, since I can only get printer paper,  the curves don't hold their shape as it would, if I could get my hand on thicker colored paper.

Didn't want to clutter the outside with too  many swirls as it would detract from the quilled letters.

 I discovered a way that, for me, is easier than sticking the strips on the outline of the lettering, which in my case always ends up making the word look crooked!!  Click here for link to the tutorial.

9 comments:

  1. Love the simplicity of this work. It's very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great letters, love this work!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Mihaela, your comments mean a lot to me . Your flowers rank among the best I have seen.

      Delete
  3. Its wonderful ! I wonder how u managed to do this with thin printer paper !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You Pooja. It is rather frustrating using 80gsm paper especially for monograms as the work does not look crisp. It also tends to get crushed quickly but I guess it may be easier to glue.

      Delete
  4. You have a great site here - I will follow with interest!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you like it Phillippa I hope my posts are useful.

      Delete
  5. Typography with 80g paper! This is a wonderful job and obviously not simple, like your blog and find motivation here :) keep quilling

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking time to comment.

Blogger Tips and TricksLatest Tips For BloggersBlogger Tricks
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Top 50 Countries Visiting

Free counters!